The establishment of Department of Applied Chinese is to meet the global demand.It is based on Chinese traditional learning and aims at internationalization.
It combines business, design, information and other fields'professional skills.It turns the traditional Chinese Department into a more promising one.
The purpose of the Department of Applied Chinese is to seek the best benefits in traditional Chinese learning and cultivate people both in Chinese literary creation and applied Chinese culture.
The graduated students will put what they have learned into practice and create economic value to realize the purpose of seeking the best benefits in traditional Chinese culture.
1. To pass down the essence of Chinese culture
2. To apply Chinese in a variety of ways
3. To develop students’ appreciation of art and culture
4. To enrich students’ appreciation of the humanities
The Core Competencies
1. To read and appreciate Chinese literature
2. To write and express ourselves well in the Chinese language
3. To be able to search for information and edit the written language
4. To be able to express ourselves verbally and communicate well
5. To foster professional ethics and interdisciplinary learning
6. To acquire knowledge of traditional culture and the ability to apply it in innovative ways
7. To promote teamwork and competence
8. To develop independent critical thinking
The graduates of our department have a wide variety of future career choices. They may continue their studies at a graduate school or do the following jobs:
1. Translator or interpreter
2. Tour guide
4. Chinese teacher
5. Script Writer
7. Research Assistant
1. Mass Media
2. Language Teaching
5. Chinese Literature
6. Art Studies